Pages

11 August 2019

Loud Awful Noise When Closing or Exiting an Application That Has Sound

First of all, this is not a fix or guide to solve the problem. I write this to explain the situation.

I started having this problem somewhere in July 2019. I looked up on Google and found very few have had the same.

This loud awful bad ugly noise is like buzzing, it is the noise of the very last millisecond of the sound of a game or music/video you hear before you exit or close the application. In my case, the sound will not stop until you open another application that produces sound. The buzzing happens when you close a video or music player without stopping it first, or a game exits when the background music is still playing. The sound will not appear in screen recording, can only be heard through my headphone.



Read:
  1. Awful sound after I close the music player
  2. Buzzing noise when closing applications
I did like almost everything I could found on google to try to fix this but none of them was working. I even ended up reinstalling windows. 

The problem was gone after reinstalling. That was what I thought until one day when I finished playing game and it happened again. Remember this was a freshly installed windows, no changes made to the computer besides installing gpu driver and windows update. This was when I discovered the source of the my problem. 

For me, it was because of nVidia (I was using the latest driver). I remembered that I turned on Shadowplay Instant Replay before playing the game. I tested my discovery, I turned off the Instant Replay and played a song and closed it without stopping first. No loud awful noise was happening. Then I tested again with Instant Replay turned on and the buzzing happened. Since then, I have not used Shadowplay Instant Replay and have never heard of the buzzing noise anymore.

At the time I write this post (18 Sept 2019), I did a test again and the buzzing was still happening.

Note: The buzzing does not happen as soon as Instant Replay is turned on and sound is played, it will occur after some time like minutes after.

My pc specs:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
GTX 650 2GB
Driver version 436.30 released on 10 Sept 2019