Pages

19 August 2019

My Review on Pixel Experience ROM for Redmi 4X Santoni

I have used Pixel Experience ROM on my Xiaomi Redmi 4X Santoni for about 2 weeks mainly for daily use. I do not game on this phone. If you're looking for gaming performance review, this is not it.

I flashed the rom using TWRP and used it for 2 weeks. Overall, I was happy with this ROM. It was fast and simple. Transition and animation were smooth and clean. I am a minimalist so Pixel Experience was beautiful in my eyes. 

However, there were 2 major problems I encountered. 

First, Facebook app was very laggy. Scrolling was stuttery all the time. This is not the normal stutter that even a high end android device sometimes experiences, it was worst like you're playing games at 10fps. Other apps like Twitter, Instagram or Whatsapp worked normally.



Second problem was screen rotation malfunctioning. Auto-rotation was turned on but the screen was not able to turn landscape. Apps that use fullscreen landscape mode by default or there is a button for fullscreen mode such as Youtube would work fine however app like camera where you would need to turn the phone for landscape will not function, from my experience.

Both problems happened on all 3 editions of Pixel Experience: Standard, CAF and GO. Below are the 3 PE that I tried.
  • PixelExperience_santoni-9.0-20190724
  • PixelExperience_go_santoni-9.0-20190422
  • PixelExperience_caf_santoni-9.0-20190607
Links:
Pixel Experience GO (From Masedisugianto Dotcom Youtube Channel)


UPDATE 24/8/2020
I reinstalled the exact same PE above and somehow the 2 problems did not happen this time. Everything was good and smooth.